Monday 9 February 2015

Bag Chat- Chanel Classic Flap Reveal

As a self-confessed long-time bag addict, I have pined over the Chanel Classic Flap Bag for years. With their intricate stitching and shiny hardware, for me they have always been the epitome of elegance within the 'handbag world'.

It was during a holiday in Paris last August that my bag dreams actually came true, when I visited Chanel's flagship store at 31 Rue Cambon. After hearing countless tales of 'waiting list' situations, I went to the store naturally expecting the 'Classic' ranges to be unavailable. Thankfully (...although not for my bank account) this was not at all the case!

(Apologies for any poorer quality photos- these were taken in my hotel room after purchasing...)


When purchasing from the Rue Cambon store, the packaging is different to that of other Chanel stores. The regular black box and bag are replaced with white packaging, but still have the beautiful Chanel ribbon and camellia flower attached.


The box is a hard 'shoe box style' rather than the magnetic boxes which are available in other stores.


Once opened, the bag is wrapped in beautiful tissue paper, and then in its protective dust bag which features a drawing of Coco Chanel. There is also a pamphlet detailing how the bag was made, alongside an array of stunning photographs that show the complicated process. 
Lastly, there is a care booklet and cleaning mitt, to help keep the bag in tip top condition! I like to store the bag within all its original packaging when it's not in use, so that it remains pristine!



So here it is! The Chanel Classic Flap Bag! Mine is the M/L size in Lambskin with gold hardware, and words honestly can't describe how much I love it. This model includes the famous 'double flap', which since 2009 has been made standard for the Classic Bags, making its contents very secure.
This bag is extremely versatile and can be worn with both casual and formal outfits. I personally prefer to wear the bag with the singular long strap, rather than with the straps doubled, as I feel it is more age appropriate for me at the moment. However, it is lovely to have the option of wearing the bag higher up on my body, which I'm sure I will do more in years to come.


I'm so so thrilled to have this bag in my collection, and hope you've enjoyed having a peek at it too! If anyone has any questions about the bag itself, or my Chanel experience, then please feel free to leave a comment. 

What is your favourite item in your wardrobe? What is your dream bag?

Domi 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am so jealous because this is such a classic designer bag, and it's beautiful. Enjoy!! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky thing! I've wanted a classic Chanel bag for soooo long now...maybe one day! x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I love to hear all of your comments! :D

© DOMIDOMIDOMIII. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig