Wednesday 24 April 2013

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipsticks


After a day at work earlier in the week, I decided to pop into Boots to buy myself ONE new pink toned nude lippy, as I seem to have a thing for nude lips at the moment.

As you can all guess, this whole 'one item only thing' never happened. Let's face it, it never does, who was I kidding? Especially considering everything is always on 3 for 2, a little splurge was inevitable...
   
 After having a walk around and swatching everything so much that my hand was beginning to resemble Elma the Elephant (please tell me you guys know who that is, and loved the book when you were little too!), I settled on these Maybelline ColourSensential Lipsticks, along with my first Rimmel Apocolips Lip Laquer, and Revlon Photoready Cream Blush (reviews to come soon)!

This isn't the first time I've purchased lipsticks from this range- I have quite a few now and absolutely love them! So after swanning around Boots hunting for the perfect shade, it's no surprise that I eventually made my way to these.


These are the colours I chose to purchase. (From left to right) 842- Rosewood Pearl,175- Pink Punch, 338- Midnight Plum, 630- Velvet Beige.

   
Rosewood Pearl is a lovely everyday nude lipstick, that applies quite sheer but can be built up easily. For me, it's probably one of the best 'your lips but better' colour I've come across to date.

Pink Punch is a bright fushia pink, that I haven't had the chance to wear yet, however the colour is very bold and opaque when swatched. I never used to be one for bright lipsticks, but am slowly getting braver, and purchased this after lusting after MAC's Girl About Town, but not being able to bring myself to part with £14 for a lipstick I might not like. 

Midnight Plum is a purple lipstick with blue toned shimmer, and is within my usual red/ purple bright lipstick comfort zone. This lipstick is sheerer than expected and takes a few coats to build up to a very deep berry purple. 

Velvet Beige is a pinky nude, but is the colour I'm least sure about. It is very opaque, and can look quite harsh on the lips. Whilst pretty in the tube, the colour just makes me look more like a senior citizen (typical granny colour). I'm still experimenting to find a way to sheer this out and make it work for me though!  


Overall I love these lipsticks, and Maybelline have an amazing colour range to choose from, unlike some other high street brands. The consistancy of these is lovely and very moisturising, although the staying power could be a little better when it comes to the nude shades in particular. They retail for £7.19 each and are available in Superdrug, Boots, and Supermarkets, although I always purchase mine in Boots (3 for 2, AND Boots Advantage Card Points= No Brainer).

Have you ever tried any lipsticks from this line, and what did you think of them? If not, what is your favourite range of high street/ drugstore lipsticks?

  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, I love to hear all of your comments! :D

© DOMIDOMIDOMIII. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig